CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

10.26.2007

Another Successful College Dropout.


The ever popular social networking website "Facebook" was started in February 2004 by Mark Zuckerberg a Harvard College dropout. Zuckerberg now 23, has successfully managed to build what started off to be a local networking platform into a company with a current net worth of approximately $15 billion within a mere 4 years. Microsoft recently won the bid to purchase a small percentage of Facebook over Google and Yahoo for $240 million.

Facebook is currently ranked 2nd not too far behind Myspce which holds the number one spot.


As my Intro to Business professor often says "you do not have to know much about business to be successful at it. Just a bright idea." This is a site I use quite often and the atmosphere, though simple is very enticing and fun. I can definitely vouch for its success maybe because like many others 'I'm addicted'. My only question is why didn't I think of it first?

0 comments: